Last Day of the Conference
Yesterday was the last day of our Nairobi conference. Here are a few reflections about our last moments together:
- In yesterday’s morning session, each region was invited to perform a song and dance for the whole group. Their songs and their dances were fantastic! One group just clapped in unity with such intensity and vigour that it made you wonder how they could keep it up. Everyone had an absolute blast with this exercise.
- People have been very appreciative of the training that they have received. It’s been a delight to teach, preach, and learn.
- The closing ceremonies went on for a long time, and certificates of appreciation were given out. I personally signed all 170 of them.
- This morning, our team—along with Ishmael—had an outstanding time thinking through the strategy of VMK for the next number of years. We would appreciate your prayers as we work on this. It would be a real plus if we could come away from our time in Kenya with a future strategy in place. We leave here on Tuesday morning.
- This afternoon, we visited the Nairobi National Park (117 km²), and we saw water buffalo, lions, giraffes, and zebras. It was a wonderful experience.
- Tomorrow, 3-4 churches will gather for a time of celebration; we are looking forward to it.
Thank you for your prayer support. God has surely added his blessing to our time here.