Back in Kenya
We’ve only been here a short while, and there is already lots to share!
- We arrived safe and sound though our checked-in luggage got lost along the way. We are thankful that it arrived yesterday!
- On Saturday afternoon, we visited a prayer retreat centre in a remote area about an hour south of Nairobi. The extended family who started and operate it are a very peaceful and persistent group. We were very impressed with them. As the elder of our group, they presented me with a decorated Maasai stick–one more thing for our collection, Heather!
- On Sunday, each of us preached in a different church. I spoke at Word of Grace Church; it’s a new, lively, and youthful congregation of about 60 people. While they only started 16 months ago, they already have their own land, a temporary and modest building. They had a fund raiser today which included a 2 hour “dance off”. I don’t even know how to begin to tell you what it was like, but they certainly were having fun while they gave their resources to pay off the remaining debt on their land. Perhaps an idea for some of you church leaders?
- Our team got the chance to meet with ten churches from the VMK network. It was an encouraging time together.
- The conference kicked off last night. We are thrilled to have so many leaders in the same room!
- Ishmael Ochieng–the director of Vision Ministries Kenya–has not been feeling well for about two weeks. This evening he went to the hospital and started taking some medication. Please pray for good health for him tomorrow.
I will be sure to keep you updated throughout our time here. We are certainly thankful for your prayers.