Good evening, friends!
The last two days have been jam-packed with good things. Here are a few hi-lights:
- Yesterday, we visited 5 VMK churches. Some of these churches are quite large while others are pretty small and humble. One of the interesting visits was to Ishmael’s home village. Their church is located on 4-5 acres of land and can hold around 300 people. They have a school that can facilitate 250 people, an empowerment centre and a cow project for women, and a guest house for visiting medical or missions teams. Interestingly enough, the elders of the church are the ones who teach in the school. At this point, the church is planning on building four permanent classrooms. Here’s what I know: Ishmael is a man of great vision who gets things done; I trust that these dreams will come to fruition.
- We had lunch on the shores of Lake Victoria. It’s hard to imagine a better place to eat a delicious lunch.
- On Sunday, we celebrated the new church building in Mumbo. The festivities started at 9:30 am and ended in between 2:30 and 3:00 pm. Following this celebratory occasion, we ate together. Time flies when you are with fantastic people.
- The praise team led us well and, of course, people sang and worshipped.
- Aimie gave her testimony and both Michael and Doug preached. There were introductions and speeches, a ribbon cutting, a prayer of dedication (which I led), and plenty of cake. When we cut the ribbon, we let off a firecracker that shot out confetti! Below is a picture of the building.
- Our friends here truly appreciate the generosity of the Canadian churches that funded this building project. They are planning to start a training centre and a school in this church. Their hope is that it will become a hub for other churches in the area.
I hope to send one more update after I get home on Tuesday. Thank you for praying for us!