We are all home safe and sound!
I want to say a special thank you to those of you who prayed for us. Here is a little summary of all that we are thankful for:
- We came home–healthy!
- We enjoyed safety–not something one can take for granted.
- We thoroughly enjoyed having Jean-Paul Tingityabo–of Uganda–on our team.
- The teaching team did very well. We experienced a deep sense of unity and saw a great responsive from those who took in the teaching and training.
- We were all deeply impacted by the faith, vigor, and vision of our African brothers and sisters. Simply astonishing. Our own levels of faith and vision paled in comparison!
- We have hope that a strong partnership is forming with a particular church in Kenya– a possibility that could make our ministry there more sustainable over the long run
- The building that we built is in a rural area with a large population around it. VMK views this as a strategic location that will be important for years to come. A building is a BIG DEAL IN KENYA! What we take for granted in terms of facilities is viewed very differently there.
(The kitchen volunteers who helped out at the building celebration)
- We have already begun to consider who might go to Kenya next year. We are hoping to recruit our team over the next two months. Would you pray for us as we seek to select a new team? It’s so easy to get back into the swing of things here and lose our sense of urgency about accomplishing what has already been started.
Thank you for all your support and prayers!
– Gord Martin